Have you ever been suffered in this situation?
I'm a DVD lover, I have collected some DVDs, my love for them is increasing day by day. But there is a problem that I haven't solved.
As time went on, some small scratches appeared on my DVDs.
How to protect my DVDs?
I didn't find a way to protect DVD, but I heard about an alternative way from my friends.
We can reduce the use of DVD and convert DVD to AVI video.
Compared with VOB video format (the most common video format applies in DVD), AVI video formats has lots of advantages.
1. High equipment compatibility. We can play AVI on computer and phone directly; while play DVD requires a DVD drive and an MPEG2 decoder on a computer, what's more, DVD disc can't play on the phone. But, the computer and phone are the most popular video playing devices in our daily life.
2. Easy to store. We can download AVI videos from internet free and store them on a computer or phone, while DVD disc need to buy and can't be directly stored on computer.
3. No region code. AVI file format can be compatible with all the major Microsoft and non-Microsoft operating systems, while each DVD-Video disc contains one or more region codes and the commercial DVD player can only play discs that contain its region code.
So, when I tell you a way to protect DVD and watch DVD on different devices without quality loss, why not have a try?
How to convert DVD to AVI seems like a daunting task for most of us who have no experience. So do I.
But luckily, my friends recommend me a tool-f2fsoft Blu-ray Ripper software.
1. Change video format. It can rip Blu-ray disc/Blu-ray folder/ISO file/DVD to other video formats. For example, you can convert Blu ray to WMV, MOV, MKV, AVI, AAC and other 180+ video and audio formats.
2. Edit function. It can edit Blu-ray video for YouTube, Facebook, Dailymotion, AOL and 100+ other video sharing sites. It allows you to trim the video length, and choose your favorite segment.
3. As all-around ripping software, it can convert videos to different formats so that you can enjoy the videos on PC, Phone, Tablet and Xbox 360 game playing devices. Such as rip Blu ray to MKV for Windows Media Player.
Tip: You can download this free ripping software only for trial. And it has Mac and Windows version.
Step1: Download and run f2fsoft Blu-ray Ripper on computer.
Step2: Insert DVD into DVD drive. Some computers don't have built-in DVD drive, you need to buy one. And then click Add Blu-ray/DVD on the top left of the software.
Step3: Click the button on the right of Add Blu-ray/DVD. There will be a drop list, click Change. You will see another interface, click Format > Common Video > AVI.
Step4: Click Edit option to adjust video parameters of selected profile, including: video codec, bit rate, aspect ratio, frame rate, channel, etc. If you just want to backup DVD, you can skip this step.
Step5: Finally click Convert button to convert DVD to AVI.
In the beginning, I mentioned that DVD is easy to broken, this problem may bother you a long time.
After I finishing Part1, I find this problem can be solved by f2fsoft Blu-ray Ripper too.
I accidentally find f2fsoft Blu-ray Ripper software can help us to backup our DVD to computer as different video formats, like MP4, MKV, TS... But I don't to do it. Because I just want to convert some of my DVDs.
If you have some DVDs and Blu-ray discs are need to backup, I strongly recommend this software to you.
You May Also Like to Read: