Nowadays, more and more video lovers like to enjoy HD videos on iPhone or Samsung with smaller size such as MKV video. For example, if you have some splendid videos like AVI videos or Blu-ray videos, do you want to convert them to MKV videos?
In order to achieve that, firstly, we need to find a related video converter to make MKV.
So, in this paper, we will discuss this problem specifically.
Now, let us see these following guides one by one.
Do you want to make an MP4 video by yourself; you can refer to this article: How to convert Blu-ray to WMV
Matroska file format particularly Matroska video has many advantages.
MKV is free and open. Anyone can use it freely because nobody holds patents or licenses. Thus, many hardware devices and almost any software players support it. The best software players such as VLC and MPlayer support MKV completely and are free absolutely.
MKV files don’t have additional evil features.
1. You do not need HDCP-certified video card or any “trusted” environment, and then you can play them on any capable hardware.
2. Even though your laptop lacks DVD or Blu-ray drive, or other drives, you can copy them to your laptop and watch anytime.
3. If you do not want to watch dozen trailers before the main movie, you don’t have to. And fast forward button always works, too.
4. You have control over the content you have. There are no restrictions about where you should play the file and no region-based restrictions too.
MKV files can change easily. Do you want to get rid of unnecessary audio track from the file? Want to convert MPEG-2 video into H264 in order to make the file 5 times smaller? All of these can be done easily with free software.
MKV files are compact. For the same content, MKV files are roughly 40% smaller than Blu-ray files and about 10% smaller than DVD files.
There are many different MKV Makers on market. Do you want to know whose MKV Creator is best one? Today, we will analyze one for you.
Blu-ray Ripper from f2fsoft is a comprehensive tool. And, there are some details about this Blu-ray DVD Ripping software will be introduced to you.
1. It can rip Blu-ray, DVD, ISO file into almost all video and audio formats like MKV, MP4, AVI, MPEG and AAC is its first task.
2. It lets you edit your DVD with diversified functions. In particular, you can trim the length of the video. Therefore, you can select your favorite segment and make new video.
Step1: Download and run f2fsoft Blu-ray/DVD to MKV Ripper free on computer.
Step2: Load your Blu-ray/DVD from computer to ripping software by clicking Add Blu-ray/DVD to load movies or just drag movies to the main interface.
Step3: Click VOB Video or Custom on the right of Add Blu-ray/DVD(Its name will be changed according to your choice). There will have a drop list: Edit, Change, Apple to All. Click Change. You will see another interface, click Format > Common Video > MKV. Of course, you can also rip DVD to MP4, AVI, WMV...
Step4: Click Edit option to adjust video parameters of selected profile, including: video codec, bit rate, aspect ratio, frame rate, channel, etc. But to be honest, I usually don't do this.
Step5: Finally click Convert button to strat making MKV video.
Do you know the best Blu-ray Player for MKV files? We now just introduce some for you.
f2fsoft Blu-ray Player can free play Blu-ray, DVD, ISO file and other 180+ videos formats on computer, such as MKV.
Freeware players which support MKV natively:
Videolan VLC is a free and good player for Mac, Windows and Linux that directly supports MKV.
MPlayer is another free player supporting MKV.
CCCP is a free codec pack for Windows that can allow MKV playback in Media Player, Windows and all other DirectShow-based players.
You May Also Like to Read: