Before we start today's topic-how to convert BDMV to MKV on the computer? I think we need to figure out something out.
The BDMV is a kind of information file and it's contained in BDMV format, which is a modified format of MPEG-2 stream.
As we all know, the original Blu-ray movies are usually divided into two file formats: ISO package format and BDMV folder format.
In the Blu-ray disc, there are only two folders: BDMV and Certificate folders.
The BDMV folder contains the information of an associated Blu-ray disc, including the name of the Blu-ray movie, the audio data, and the video. In the BDMV folder, you can see STREAM folder where stores the video files in .m2ts format.
Now, let's return to today's theme. Read the guide below and you will find the answer you want.
The BDMV file can come to the following places:
1. HD Camcorders. The videos you recorded in camcorders can be called as an AVCHD folder. The AVCHD folder contains BDMV.
2. Blu-ray disc.
The BDMV is capable of storing several hours of video in high-definition (HDTV 720p and 1080p) and ultra high-definition resolution (2160p). Providing HD video enjoyment is BDMV’s strength and also a disadvantage. Let’s me explain why.
1. It needs more space while maintaining an ultra-high definition video.
2. It has high requirements for playing devices, for example, the normal DVD player can’t load it. We must need the Blu-ray disc player. Thus, it's not easy to share BDMV with your friends if they don’t have the same equipment.
3. It has poor device comparability. Such as iOS devices (iPhone), Android devices (Huawei) and media player (Windows Media Player, QuickTime) are not compatible with it.
So, this is why we try to convert BDMV video to other formats, such as MKV. The MKV has higher device compatibility than BDMV, and video quality is similar to BDMV.
Now, let’s move to Part2 and find a way to convert BMV to MKV.
Prepare a computer has BDMV folder, and then according to your computer’s OS system, clicking Download for Windows or Download for Mac button to download f2fsoft Video Converter software on computer.
What is f2fsoft Video Converter software on computer?
1. f2fsoft BDMV to MKV Video Converter can work without Wi-Fi.
2. It can batch load and convert 180+ audio/video formats with fast speed.
These video/audio files can come from HD camcorders (Sony/Panasonic and other camcorders), such as convert MTS to MP4, MOV, AVI, FLV, WMV, MKV…
3. Edit video, including crop, trim, add 3D effect, extract subtitles, add watermark …
On the upper-left of the interface, load BDMV Video to the software by clicking Add File button on the upper-left of the interface.
On the bottom of the interface, click the Profile, choose General Video > MKV in the pop-up list. At this point, we have completed the conversion of BDMV to MKV.
If you want to do some changes to your videos, such as clip some parts of your BDMV or add watermark, you can try this step. If not, you can skip.
On the top of the interface, click Edit button. There is another window where you can adjust elements of video/audio, like volume, and brightness.
Click Clip button, there is also a pop-up window where you can adjust the length of video/audio.
Click the big Convert button to end the task.
Now, you can transfer the converted MKV file to iPhone with USB.
If you don’t want to destroy the structure of BDMV, you can try to use Blu-ray player software to play BDMV on computer too. Blu-ray Player software can help user play a BDMV folder as a disc file.