“Hi, I’m a Blu-ray movie lover. Last weekend, I bought a Blu-ray disc; I tried to play this Blu-ray on my old DVD player but failed. Is there any chance that can a DVD player play Blu-ray?”
Sales of DVDs have greatly increased since 1996, DVD becomes more and more popular, so does the Blu-ray disc. What is Blu ray? The Blu-ray disc was invented by Sony which is designed to supersede the DVD. It is well-known for its big storage and clear pictures.
Most of us may have the same question as Tom: can DVD players play Blu-ray disc? We definitely want to know the answers. Let’s read the following parts of this article.
The answer to the above question is NO. You can’t play Blu-ray on DVD player directly. The DVD player can play DVD, MKV, CD and normal videos, but not the Blu-ray disc. The reasons are so simple.
1. The Blu-ray disc is bigger than DVD; the normal size of the Blu-ray disc is more than 20GB while DVD is around 10GB.
2. The Blu-ray disc needs a blue laser to read the information while DVD needs a red laser.
3. The red laser can send a light beam to read the larger pits imprinted on DVDs and CDs.
4. The blue laser can send a light beam with a shorter wavelength so that can read the smaller pits of Blu-ray disc.
Tips: The pits on the Blu-ray disc and DVD store the audio and video information.
There are still 2 ways to solve this problem.
Way 1 We can rip Blu-ray disc to MP4 format so that you can enjoy the quality of the Blu-ray disc.
Way 2 Or, we can try to play Blu-ray disc with f2fsoft Blu-ray Player on the computer.
This Blu-ray player software can play Blu-ray discs, DVDs, CDs, SACDs and DVD-Audio Discs with excellent output quality.
Now, we just need to prepare these three things: a Blu-ray drive, Blu-ray disc/ Blu-ray folder/ISO files and f2fsoft Blu-ray software.
Don't miss: How to play 3D Blu-ray on PC?
The best Blu-ray player software from f2fsoft is the region free Blu-ray player, which means we can use it to play Blu-ray disc without disc region restriction. It can do following things too.
1. It can play any commercial Blu-ray disc released in any region and support the newly released Blu-ray movies on the market.
2. It supports full HD 1080p Blu-ray disc playback. You can you enjoy vivid visuals and crystal-clear details with full high definition 1080p resolution.
3. It can play HD video, such as 4K Blu-ray.
4. It can play non-Blu-ray videos and Blu-ray videos. Such as MP4, H.264/MP4 AVC, H.265/HEVC, MPG, M4V, TS, MTS, M2TS, MXF, RM, RMVB, WMV, ASF, MKV, AVI, 3GP, F4V, FLV, and VOB.
Don’t worry, even if you are a green hand, you can handle this software as easy as a pie.
Step 1: Download the Blu ray player software free
You can click here to download the movie player for Windows, it has two versions: Windows and Mac.
Step 2: Transfer the resource to the software
First, you will see two options on the main interface: Open File and Open Disc. Second, click Open Disc button and then transfer the resource to the software. By the way, you need to insert Blu-ray disc into Blu-ray drive firstly. What’s more, if you don’t have Blu-ray disc, you just need to click Open File button to load the resource.
Step 3: Enjoy your movies
Now, you can enjoy your movie, the Blu-ray player software will bring you the immersive audio and video effect.
You May Also Like to Read: